In addition to the General Education Curriculum and the Core Business Requirements, undergraduates are required to satisfactorily complete a prescribed set of major or concentration courses. The School of Business offers majors in Accounting, Business Administration, Computer Science and Business, and Hospitality and Tourism Administration. The Business Administration major includes concentrations in entrepreneurship, finance, general business, management, and marketing. Program requirements follow.
Programs leading to the Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.) degrees in Accounting and in Business Administration and the Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in Hospitality and Tourism Administration consists of the following components:
1. General Education Curriculum ,
2. The Core Business Requirements, and
3. The major or concentration requirements.
Each candidate for a B.B.A. or B.S. degree must satisfy the following conditions:
(a)Be formally admitted to the School of Business;
(b)Complete at least 124 semester hours of credit;
4. Compile a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 for all coursework completed at North Carolina Central University;
5. Complete each prescribed course of the major or concentration and departmental electives requirements with a grade of “C” or better;
6. Complete the Core Business Requiremens with no more than six semester hours of credit with grades of “D”;
7. Complete each prescribed mathematics course with a grade of “C” or better;
8. Complete prerequisite courses with a grade of “C” or better; and
9. Complete the Core Business Requirements with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0.
The program leading to the Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in Hospitality and Tourism Administration is comprised of the Academic Policies in the previous section and the following components: 1) the General Education Curriculum and 2) the business requirements. Each candidate for the degree must satisfy the following conditions:
1. Complete the specified Hospitality and Tourism curriculum;
2. Complete a minimum of 128 hours with a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0 (the last 30 hours must be completed at NCCU);
3. Complete 1,000 hours of work experience through internships;
4. Complete the following courses in the business curriculum ACCT 2400 , ACCT 2500 , ECON 2200 , ECON 2100 , CIS 2400 , FIN 3200 , MGT 1100, and MGT 3000 .
5. Complete all hospitality and tourism and business courses with a grade of “C” or better.
6. Participate in monthly seminars, dress in business attire on professional attire days and hold membership in a hospitality professional organization.