The Master’s of Science in Higher Education Administration Program is designed to prepared higher education professionals who desire to attain strong theoretical skills and competencies necessary to excel in diverse higher education settings. The goal of this program is to produce exceptional practitioners who exemplify best practices to foster 21st century college environments in which all students can thrive and successfully matriculate in a timely manner. This is a 42 hour degree program.
1. A bachelor’s degree from a recognized or accredited institution. A minimum 3.0 GPA. Official transcripts of all previous degrees or required.
2. Two letters of recommendation submitted by persons who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s abilities, who have worked in a supervisory role with the applicant, and have direct knowledge of the applicant’s leadership skills.
3. An interview with higher education administration faculty.
4. A writing sample indicating the applicant’s ability to write in a clear, concise, and professional manner.
1. Completion of courses on the student’s plan of study.
2. The candidate must maintain a GPA of 3.0 or above and no more that one “C ”during their program.
3. Successful final presentation demonstrating their growth in the program and preparation to enter the field.
4. Successful completion of the comprehensive examination.