May 21, 2022
I. Admission Requirements
- 2.75 GPA overall at the undergraduate level (3.0 GPA in the undergraduate major required) 3.0 GPA at the graduate level (2nd degree seeking candidates)
- GRE Scores Not Required for Candidates
- Three years successful teaching experience (or other educator role) and a Class A teaching license
- Three letters of recommendation from persons qualified to assess professional performance and comment on potential leadership abilities. One letter of recommendation should be from the current principal or supervisor.
Central Carolina Principal Preparation (CCP3) Track Courses
The Central Carolina Principal (CCP3) Track (Remove Principal Fellows Track) is 42 credit hours, which requires 30 hours in the major (10 content courses) and 12 hours in a field-based, full-time internship and seminar that is completed in 24 months. The yearlong field-based internship must be completed during the fall and spring semester.
Total Credit Hours for Principal Fellows Track - 42 hours
Traditional MSA (1st Master’s Degree) Courses
The Traditional Track (1st Master’s Degree) is designed for individuals seeking their first master’s degree. It is 42 credit hours that require 30 hours in the major (10 content courses), and 12 hours in a field-based full-time or part-time internship and seminar.
Total Credit Hours for Traditional MSA (1st Master’s Degree) - 42 hours
2nd MSA Degree - Private, Independent, and Charter School Administrators and School Leaders - 24 hours
- EDAM 5216 (3 hours)
- EDAM 5332 (3 hours)
- EDAM 5335 (3 hours)
- EDAM 5945 (3 hours)
- EDAM 7110 (12 hours)
III. Exit Requirements
- Completion of courses on the student’s plan of study.
- Candidates must maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher, and no more than one C during their Program. If a student earns more than one grade of C, the student must plan to re-take one of the courses
- Candidates successfully complete, present, and defend their Action Research Project t- To a panel that consist of their advisor, a present principal or administrator, and another person in the field of education.
- Candidates successfully complete a comprehensive examination.
- Candidates complete all required information in Foliotek.
- Candidates complete the exit survey.
2nd MSA Degree Courses
EDAM 7010 Internship Seminar (Fall) (3)
EDAM 7110 Internship Supervision (Fall) (3)
EDAM 7110 Internship Supervisor (Spring) (3)