Sep 28, 2021
I. Admission Requirements
- 2.7 GPA overall at the undergraduate level (3.0 GPA in the undergraduate major required)
- 3.0 GPA at the graduate level (2nd degree seeking candidates)
- GRE scores (degree seeking candidates)
- Three years successful public school teaching experience (or other educator role) and a Class A teaching license
- Two letters of recommendation from persons qualified to assess professional performance and comment on potential leadership abilities. One letter of recommendation should be from the current principal or supervisor.
Core Courses - 30 hours
- EDAM 5112 - Legal and Political Aspects of Educational Administration
- EDAM 5215 - Culturally Responsive Pedagogy
- EDAM 5216 - Instructional Leadership for Empowering Teachers
- EDAM 5331 - Organizational Management for Transformational School Leaders
- EDAM 5332 - Community Relations Building Social Capital for School Change
- EDAM 5335 - School Leadership and Transformational Practices
- EDAM 5353 - Culturally Responsive Leadership for Marginalized Communities
- EDAM 5945 - Data Analysis for School Assessments and Accountability (3)
- EDAM 5333 - The Principalship (3)
Principal Fellows Track courses
The Principal Fellows Track is 42 credit hours, which requires 30 hours in the major (10 content courses) and 12 hours in a field-based, full-time internship and seminar that is completed in 24 months. The yearlong field-based internship must be completed during the fall and spring semesters.
Total Credit Hours for Principal Fellows Track - 42 hours
Traditional MSA (1st Master’s Degree) Courses
The Traditional Track (1st Master’s Degree) is designed for individuals seeking their first master’s degree. It is 42 credit hours that require 30 hours in the major (10 content courses), and 12 hours in a field-based full-time or part-time internship and seminar.
Total Credit Hours for Traditional MSA (1st Master’s Degree) - 42 hours
Total Credit Hours for 2nd MSA Degree Track - 33 hours
2nd MSA Degree Fast Track Courses
The 2nd Degree Traditional Track is designed for individuals who currently hold a master’s degree. It is a 33 credit hour track that requires 24 hours in the major (8 content courses), and 9 hours in a field-based, full-time or part-time internship and seminar. The yearlong field-based internship must be completed during the fall and spring semesters.
Total Credit Hours for 2nd MSA Degree Fast Track Track - 33 hours
2nd MSA Degree - Private, Independent, and Charter School Administrators and School Leaders - 24 hours
- EDAM 5216 (3 hours)
- EDAM 5332 (3 hours)
- EDAM 5335 (3 hours)
- EDAM 5945 (3 hours)
- EDAM 7110 (12 hours)
III. Exit Requirements
- Completion of courses on the student’s plan of study.
- Candidates must maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher, and no more than one C during their Program.
- Candidates successfully complete, present, and defend their Action Research Project. To a panel that consist of their advisor, a present principal or administrator, and another person in the field of education.
- Candidates successfully complete a comprehensive examination.
- Candidates complete all required information in Foliotek.
- Candidates complete the exit survey.